Dumb Test
Take the Dumb Test at Quiz Rocket.com! *****************************************

Monday, June 28, 2010

From the ranges of Ladakh...


I have always wanted to go to Ladakh. It's been almost eight years. Finally, this month I found myself flying over the majestic Himalayas to breathe, live, and experience the place. I won't spend much words on this one. So here's the first set of memories from the place!

As someone behind the lense it was a challenge to keep off from the postcard shots, the place is famous for. I just wanted to capture moments, people, life and space of this beautiful land.


Travelling through Ladakh (Most of the photos have captions, so I will refrain from my blabber)








Life in Ladakh was a breath of fresh air for a city-bred like me. In its colors, smiles, sun, simplicity and courage lies it's life. I have tried to capture some of that in the following section.

Moments in Ladakh (Again most of the photos have captions, so I will refrain from my blabber.)




(C) All images Durba Gupta
I have another set of photographs of th places in Ladakh. I will upload those too. And if you haven't been to that place, go - just go!

7 comments:

Pinakie Kansabanik said...

AH! kotodin por the photographer DURBA ke pelam. Thnx for sharing.

Gunjan Karun said...

Lovely photos.
It felt like I was there too :)

Roydon said...

WoW....great stuff.....some really good perspective!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful perspectives, as always! Took me there.

Namzee said...

Wowowo!!! simply awesome!! I am flooded with lovely memories.. :-)

Sara said...

Hey girl, am thrilled to see the photos! I never knew that you were such a great shutter-bug. I loved this post for the photos.:)
Actually Debashish clicks too and he is good at it and my hobby is to appreciate him. :)

- Love,
Sara

saptarshi said...

asadharon, kichu boler nei, kapie diyecho guru, phata phati, totally spellbound, i dont hv the words to describe the beauty u captured on that frame, marvellous, each n every one of then